Crawl: Assess What Will Happen and Benchmark What You Can ExpectGetting the ball rolling on the state of your cloud adoption can seem tough, but once the conversation begins, it is important to know what to expect. A follow-up to our article on overcoming cloud fears, here is what you can expect in the first steps of your cloud journey.
- Internal readiness assessment: determine which processes, applications, dependencies and data are cloud-ready (not all applications belong in the cloud).
- Market readiness assessment: determine which competitors are moving to cloud, with which processes and applications.
- Adoption Road Map: Include all dependencies — people, applications, regulated data, regulations, business unit and customer SLAs, backup, storage and retention.
Walk: Beginning Your Strategic Cloud JourneyNow that there is a plan and timeline for your cloud adoption move, it is important to find who will best suit your needs and successes. This stage, the walk stage, will get your cloud journey moving. To ensure that your cloud strategy and relationship with vendors is perfect for selection, consider the RIPEN method.
- Request proof that selected cloud services offerings meet reliability, availability, scalability and security requirements
- Identify cloud services providers which meet your criteria and needs list.
- Partner with vendors who understand the market, have experience, and with a business model that aligns closely with your success to ensure cloud adoption.
- Ensure the commercial viability of both the cloud offering and the cloud provider.
- Notify vendors of deal breakers — anything that poses an operational or financial risk.
Run: Completing an Effective and Efficient Cloud ImplementationYou have the plan, you have the criteria, and you have the vendor relationship ready for business success. Now, the adoption, implementation, and management of this ongoing process in the cloud. What does it take to run?
- Initiate sourcing action plan for cloud services
- Pilot options meeting your RAS (Reliability, Availability, Serviceability) requirements
- Identify a cloud mobility or migration tool
- Develop migration plan and road map
- Transition to new cloud services
Still have questions? Contact us.
Trustantial is a full-service technology consulting firm focused on providing mid-market and enterprise customers with technology solutions that accelerate their business. We focus on industry leading cloud, ERP and CRM solution implementation and integration. Our strong business acumen and technology capabilities allow us to create long-term relationships with our clients.