- Customer demand for quicker response time
- Need to improve workforce utilization and productivity
- Need to improve service process efficiencies
- Internal mandate to drive increased service revenues
- Customer demand for improved asset availability
- Scheduling. A long-standing problem in computer science called the Traveling Salesman Problem asks, “Given a list of cities and the distances between each pair of cities, what is the shortest possible route that visits each city and returns to the origin city?” Field teams not only have to deal with the distance between appointments, they have to ensure that the right resources, equipment, and skill sets are delivered to appointments in the most efficient manner. This makes the Traveling Salesman Problem even more complex. Artificial intelligence (AI) solves the Traveling Salesman Problem by using a number of factors to create an ideal schedule. Forbes magazine puts it like this: “To generate an optimal schedule, AI systems will likely be able to evaluate weather forecasts and traffic trends that have been the cause of routing inefficiencies in the past. Based on these factors, the system will be able to allot additional travel time…. As an extra parameter, the system can factor in the preferred visitation times that may be requested by a customer.”
- Field reporting. Often, field services organizations need to communicate and substantiate to customers when they arrived, how long they were there, and what was done. Customers want documentation and are demanding more field-based information. Telematics systems—ideally built into the service vehicles—can help field teams get more jobs done more efficiently. “It is critically important to monitor both the time spent at the branch and/or suppliers and put a specific policy in place to limit the amount of time a field service technician can spend at these locations,” Kimberly Clark, telematics leader for Element Fleet Management, told Work Truck, an online resource for vocational truck fleets. “This will help ensure the technician spends more time at customer sites and less time at nonproductive locations.”
- In-field data collection. Field teams perform tasks such as maintenance, field inspection, and installation. They must also provide field data such as assets installed and inspection information—data that might include pictures and video. Paper-based processes are inefficient, and field service reps spend far too much time on data entry after a job. Again, AI can make all the difference. Forbes cites the example of developing image recognition technology into an AI system that can identify diagnostic issues from a live camera feed. This would help service technicians more quickly troubleshoot issues. The system would evaluate the current condition of the asset and compare it to the asset’s historical records to infer what the problem might be.
- Use the most current, state-of-the-art field service management software solutions.
- Adopt—and apply—the use of related services-focused technology applications and functionality.
They say that numbers don’t lie, but that’s, well, a lie—especially in the world of corporate accounting. In fact, what’s seen and what’s real are often two very different things, making it
Real-time dashboards for real-time insightsSage Intacct uses dashboards to keep you updated day-to-day. Dashboards can be configured by role, to give your users the information they need to quickly make decisions in their area of influence. Within a dashboard, you can see a series of performance cards that display key metrics for your business. You can drill down on performance cards to see the numbers behind the summary. Dashboards also provide reports, charts, and approvals that you can drill down on, so the moment that you login you are up to date on what’s going on in your business. You can set up dashboard elements that display external web pages such as a login page to an integrated human-resources application. If you’ve integrated Sage Intacct Collaborate, you can see your message feed displayed right within the dashboard.
Reporting made easy and efficientSage Intacct’s report center gathers all your reports into one place. You don’t have to go searching different modules for the reports you want. You can see memorized reports, where you’ve preset filter options for quick use. Scheduled reports can run and be delivered on a schedule you set. From here, you can create new reports, copy and change existing reports, or simply customize existing reports.
Get configurable reports
- Accounting (9)
- Business (23)
- Cloud Computing (27)
- Cloud Security (8)
- CRM (17)
- Digital Transformation (3)
- Dynamics 365 (8)
- ERP (13)
- Field Service (2)
- Finance (5)
- Franchise (1)
- Microsoft (1)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (15)
- Nonprofit (4)
- Professional Services (2)
- Project Accounting (2)
- Sage Intacct (35)
- Sage Intacct Webinar (1)
- Salesforce (9)
- Services (1)
- Software Company (2)
- Upgrading from QuickBooks (9)